[2/2] shell32: Add proper support for SHGetFileInfo(SHGFI_ICONLOCATION | SHGFI_USEFILEATTRIBUTES).

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jan 22 06:10:42 CST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Frank Richter wrote:

> On 18.01.2007 16:23, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > +            if (dwFileAttributes & FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY)
> > +            {
> > +                lstrcpyW(psfi->szDisplayName, swShell32Name);
> > +                psfi->iIcon = -IDI_SHELL_FOLDER;
> > +            }
>
> At least on Windows, folders have a file type, too - see HKCR\Folder. So
> maybe use 'HCR_GetDefaultIconW(L"Folder", ...)' when the directory
> attribute is set, and 'HCR_GetDefaultIconW(sTemp, ...)' otherwise?

Are you sure?
I have rigged the test to print the values returned by this
SHGetFileInfo() test, and then I modified the HKCR\Folder\DefaultIcon
value. However I observed no change in the test output.

It also had no effect on the icon shown in the Windows Explorer.

            Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
       That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.