Test case for Bug 50 [Was: Bug 50]

Pedro Araujo Chaves Jr. inckie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 08:16:27 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Then probably DrawText(DT_CALCRECT) could better suit your needs.

Almost on the bull's-eye! Actually, DrawText() returns the *height* of
the string... how lucky I am, huh?

But a "See Also" link in the MSDN page for DrawText() [1] pointed me
to TabbedTextOut() [2], which returns both the height and the width...
I'll give it a shot, even though the comment for TEXT_TabbedTextOut()
in dlls/user32/text.c [3] doesn't encourage me much... ¬¬

(I shouldn't change *that* behavior of Windows, should I? =P)

Thanks for the suggestion! Anyone else?

- Pedro.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/fontext_0odw.asp
[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/fontext_001g.asp
[3] It reads:
 *           TEXT_TabbedTextOut
 *
 * Helper function for TabbedTextOut() and GetTabbedTextExtent().
 * Note: this doesn't work too well for text-alignment modes other
 *       than TA_LEFT|TA_TOP. But we want bug-for-bug compatibility :-)
 */