Ubuntu starting to support windows autorun.inf on cd-rom insertion!

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jul 3 11:37:36 CDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 17:47 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> Check this out.  Hanusz Leszek just posted a patch implementing part of
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/autorun
> It's at
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/8292130/gnome-volume-manager-autorun-inf-02.p
>atch
>
> Are we ready for prime time, kids?  :-)
On a technical sidenote, instead of hardcoding the wine path he should test
some common wine locations, perhaps including cedega and
crossover(/usr/local/bin/wine, ~/cxoffice/bin/wine /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine
come to my mind). Or perhaps just parse the autorun.inf and then pass
the .exe to the normal gnome / kde file opening methods to have whatever app
is associated with the mime type run the app.

Otherwise I like the idea. I tried to so something like that a long time ago,
but I failed.