Ubuntu starting to support windows autorun.inf on cd-rom insertion!

Vijay Kiran Kamuju infyquest at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:26:24 CDT 2007

Hi,

> Thanks for your constructives criticisms.
>
> I was thinking more about putting the wine path in a gconf key so that
> you can specify it directly.
> Trying to search the path using the methods you described can be used
> then as a fallback when the key is not present or invalid.
>
> > I would say that please have a look at wine module code in guidance.
> > for checking whether wine has been installed or not.
> > and to get its path.
>
> What is "wine module code" ?
> I tried grepping the wine source code for cedega and cxoffice but found nothing.
> Please point me in the good direction.

In KDE there is a configuration gui for wine in the
guidance.(http://www.simonzone.com/software/guidance/)
Similar to winecfg, I think its a product of Google SoC.
Check the source code of wineconfig.py.
I feel that I am a bit vague here, but the download the source for
guidance in the website mentioned and see the wineconfig.py.
To see how they check whether wine is installed or not.
Thanks,
VJ