Issue(s) when running winetest on Windows

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 01:52:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've had several cases in the last weeks where I run a wintest on Windows and it
was submitted. It however never showed up on tests.winehq.org. Currently there's
no error reporting on that box for the tests page creation (will look into that
if time permits).

The one reason I've found so far it that sometimes the results file contains:

msvcrt:file start dlls/msvcrt/tests/file.c 1.48
file: 3 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 1 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 2 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 2 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
msvcrt:file done (0)
file: 373 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.

instead of the correct:

msvcrt:file start dlls/msvcrt/tests/file.c 1.48
file: 3 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 1 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 2 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 2 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
file: 373 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
msvcrt:file done (0)

And this is the only reason I've found for this particular test. So now before
submitting the results I check the results file and change the contents
accordingly. (I didn't make a list yet on which platforms it occurs).

The current dissect expects a 'start' line, right after a 'done' line and bails
out if this isn't the case.

Can anybody thinks of reasons why some of these lines come after the 'done' line?
Or better yet, why lines are not always in the correct order? I do find some
spurious entries every now and then that should have belonged to a different tests.

The only reason I can think of so far is when a test creates a new process and
somethings goes wrong there.

Cheers,

Paul.