winealsa/dsound: Testers asked for capture patch

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Jul 7 11:25:54 CDT 2007

Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> Since apparantly counter strike goes 2 fps or so when alsa is used and
> capture is enabled, I was looking to see if that can be speed up,.
>
> Since I don't have that game I cannot do it myself, so can someone test
> attached patch and see if that fixes performance problems?

Current GIT is much worse then wine-0.9.40. And this patch makes absolutely
no difference.

To test, start CS:S and hover over the menu, you should hear clicks. This
works fine with 0.9.40, doesn't work at all with GIT. Then go into options
menu, this is when DS Capture is being initialized. Everything gets really
really slow. And stays this slow until you exit CS:S. This is a bit of
improvement over few versions back when things just froze.

Vitaliy