working on urlmon HttpProtocol implementation

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.edu
Sun Jul 8 23:07:17 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 00:45 +0200, Jacek Caban wrote:
> Hi Misha,
>
> Misha Koshelev wrote:
> > Just wanted to let y'all know (so hopefully I'm not duplicating any
> > effort) I'm working on an HttpProtocol implementation for urlmon (Vector
> > NTI has a bug that requires POST to work for url monikers, and I don't
> > want to submit patches to a function that has _hack at the end of
> > it :) ).
> >

> Great!
>
> > Right now I have an implementation that conforms to Jacek's somewhat
> > extensive tests already in dlls/urlmon/tests/protocol.c and also has the
> > same error functionality as native per my tests (I would change wininet
> > functions that native calls to return NULL and see what native urlmon
> > returns). Now I will try out some other flags (Jacek's tests are very
> > extensive, but only test ASYNC with PULLDATA etc.) to see what else I
> > need to do.
> >

> I have its incomplete implementation since about 1,5 years, but your
> version seems to be about as functional as mine. The reason I didn't
> finish it is that I went the native way and wininet is quite not yet
> ready for it (it doesn't handle InternetReadFile on async connection
> correctly) and I didn't have the time to work on it. Also HttpProtocol
> handles connection always asynchronously, it doesn't matter what flags
> are passed (I mean at least ASYNC and PULLDATA flags), it's Binding
> object's job to make connection sync for the client object.
Whoops, so much for not reduplicating effort.

I guess if the flags don't matter, I will probably send what I have to
wine-patches in a day or a few then, and then I would appreciate your
comments on it.

I did notice that native urlmon seems to behave differently when running
on XP or on wine (a lot more Switch being called on XP, and I assume
intermediate data notifications which I also assume are missing on
native urlmon running on wine, but I did not pursue this further).

> Let me know if I can help somehow. I also have some tests how
> URLMoniker/Binding objects handle http protocol (we're quite near to
> make these tests pass for async connections).
Maybe I will need to look at these once I have the HttpProtocol stuff
ironed out.

> Thanks,
>     Jacek

Thanks for your reply.