How should the win16 test suite be arranged?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jul 16 07:09:20 CDT 2007

"Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> So if I want these in the tree, they should be built and run
> by default.  Got it.  Next question: is it acceptable to
> require OpenWatcom?  (That's the only free compiler I
> know of that targets win16.  Turbo C++ is also a free
> download, but it's not open source.)
> Since it's not available via apt-get install,
> the easiest way to use it might be to have
> 'make test' install the windows version, and then use
> it to compile the test cases.  The download and install for the
> compiler could be cached, so that part would only be slow
> the first run.

I don't think we want to do it that way, we should use a Unix version
of OpenWatcom, and detect it in configure.

> Or would you prefer the win16 tests stay out of tree
> forever?  That's an option, too; people who want
> to run them could download them from kegel.com or
> something, and it wouldn't stop Codeweavers from
> running them in cxtest.

It depends how many tests there are, but if it's just a few that's
probably the best solution, we wouldn't want to have to maintain a lot
of makefile infrastructure just for a couple of tests. Somehow I doubt
that we'll see a lot of development on win16 tests...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org