Stencil fbo attachments

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:45:39 CDT 2007

On 18/07/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Not really, you can still attach a regular depth format in that cause.
> > Not all applications that use D24S8 actually use the stencil buffer.
> Good point.
>
> The check could be done when setting glDescription.glInternal. I can't find it
> right now, but I think it is linked to d3dfmt_get_conv where all the other
> formats are handled.

I'd rather fix the handling of the format table. Floating point
formats are another case where we should be doing extension checks,
rather than having entries for those and only doing the extension
check in CheckDeviceFormat. We may even want to support different
internal formats for different uses... not sure about that one yet.
(The problem there is that currently eg. D3DFMT_R5G6B5 isn't supported
as FBO attachment, but would be if we used eg. GL_RGBA8 as internal
format)