Stencil fbo attachments

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Jul 18 12:50:56 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 15:45 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> I'd rather fix the handling of the format table. Floating point
> formats are another case where we should be doing extension checks,
> rather than having entries for those and only doing the extension
> check in CheckDeviceFormat. We may even want to support different
> internal formats for different uses... not sure about that one yet.
> (The problem there is that currently eg. D3DFMT_R5G6B5 isn't supported
> as FBO attachment, but would be if we used eg. GL_RGBA8 as internal
> format)
Agreed, the static table is too limited. We should replace it with some
per-adapter structure with some more fields like a different render target
internal. The per adapter table can then be set up based on the settings and
gl features. Inherently static data like the bitmasks should be separated
from gl data.

Some other places where we have troubles with the current setup:

Bump map formats: GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap vs GL_NV_texture_shader vs none of
them. Currently the converter stuff in LoadTexture deals with that.

sRGB textures: Currently an extra internal format deals with that, extension
checks are done at texture load time. That can stay the way it is IMHO
because an extra internal format isn't a bad solution and srgb textures
involve more than just a different format, and the extension check is
responsible for all the other things too.