[4/6] WineD3D: Attempt to clean up fbos only if a gl surface is destroyed

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Jul 18 17:44:59 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007 00:13 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> On 18/07/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > This code does not really have a home. For one part the device is in
> > charge of managing the gl fbos, on the other hand this is gl surface
> > specific code and should go into IWineD3DSurface::Release.
>
> No, the surface release code shouldn't know about render targets,
> FBOs, etc. (It's not really surface specific either, other than that
> the pointers we're cleaning up happen to be surfaces.)
> The device gets notified when resources of a certain type are
> destroyed here, so it can do extra cleanup on it's internal
> structures, so this is the correct place to do this kind of stuff.
What I meant was that selecting the gl codepath or the no gl codepath. This is
preferably done by calling a COM method on the right vtable(d3d surface / non
d3d surface). My first patch(never sent here) checked the vtable address to
find out if the surface is d3d or gdi, this was ugly. Now this patch checks a
device internal status flag, which is better because the device can decide on
which path to take based on it's own properties, rather than depending on the
surface type.