X11 Xrender and GL extensions on Mac OS

Ryan Walklin ryanwalklin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:57:59 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to build Wine 0.9.41 (although I'm having the same problem with
earlier versions) on Mac OS 10.4.10 Intel, and striking a strange problem.
Whenever I try to run Steam using wine, I get the console error "Unable to
Alpha Blend without Xrender". Trying to run a GL game crashes with an
Apple-DRI 129 error.

I've looked back on my configure runs and the build system is able to pickup
my X11 install, the Xrender extension, and the GL extensions. I've also
tried using the XDarwin X11R7.2 builds, and the same thing happens.

I wasn't sure whether to post this to -devel or -users, as it might be my
own problem rather than with Wine not finding these libraries. Google hasn't
been helpful either. I have all the relevant dependencies (X11, fontforge,
freetype, pkg-config etc) installed via MacPorts.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this or post a fix.

Regards,

Ryan