Comments on winefontcfg tool?

Nigel Liang ncliang at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:25:45 CDT 2007

Hi,

I submitted a font configure tool a few days ago that lets the user
configure system and menu fonts more easily. The tool is especially
helpful to asian and middle-eastern users where the fonts installed
may differ greatly from user to user and where the default font size
is way too small for some users. I know that ideally we should let
wine figure out all this based on fonts used in X or something, but
for now, something like this is useful to prevent users from digging
into the registry looking for entries to modify (and potentially
breaking something.....). Any comments on this would be greatly
appreciated.

-Nigel