winex11: manage one more case

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jul 27 09:06:35 CDT 2007

"Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> So, perhaps it's time to consider solving it wrong.

You must be new around here ;)

> Now, I realize this is probably wrong, but it gets both Photoshop CS's
> installer and Bricscad 8's installer past their z-order problems.
> What would it break?  (If it's not obvious, I'm not very well
> informed about window styles, window management, and all that.)

It would break any app that happens to use that style for a menu or
tooltip or whatever. The proper way is to make windows managed
dynamically depending on the behavior of the app, i.e. detect that a
dialog is popped up behind a non-managed window and make the front
window managed at that point.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org