tests/msi.c fails when run twice on Wine?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:50:51 CDT 2007

James Hawkins wrote:
> On 7/27/07, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The msi test currently fails for me on Wine when run the second time after
>> getting a clean environment:
>>
>> rm -rf ~/.wine
>> make msi.ok
>>    msi: 101 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.
>> rm msi.ok
>> make msi.ok
>>    msi.c:366: Test failed: Expected INSTALLSTATE_UNKNOWN, got 1
>>    msi: 101 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 1 failure), 0 skipped.
>>
>> Anyone?
>>

> Works fine for me.

It's even stranger then that. Running 'make msi.ok' gives:

msi.c:366: Test failed: Expected INSTALLSTATE_UNKNOWN, got 1
msi: 101 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 1 failure), 0 skipped.

running 'WINEDEBUG=+msi make msi.ok' gives:

<A LOT OF DEBUG STUFF>
msi: 101 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 0 skipped.

Can anybody (apart from James) do these tests?

What are the things that could influence these difference between my tests
failing and James's tests succeeding? Compiler, 32-bit vs 64-bit ???

Cheers,

Paul.