Wine on FreeBSD (Was: Re: How to determine if something is "debuggable" ... ?)

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Jun 3 09:01:17 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Just built 0.9.38 under FreeBSD, and it doesn't even run :( Never a good
> sign ... but explains why the port is 2 releases old ...

I debugged this a bit, and believe the change that broke FreeBSD is
revision 1.82 of dlls/ntdll/thread.c and related patches to other files.

> So, I guess the first question is ... why the SegFault, as far as Wine
> is concerned?  Since 0.9.36 worked, and 0.9.38 isn't, where in the code
> are things above failing, that I can compare (doing a diff) changes to
> see if I can figure out what changed between the versions, and what
> needs to change FreeBSD-specific to bring things back in line again?

Tijl Coosemans (Cc:ed) probably is the one with the best understanding
of what changes FreeBSD itself (and possibly Wine) may need to get this
running again.

Gerald
--
Gerald (Jerry) Pfeifer   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/