Question about tracing a direct pointer call (CryptSIPLoad related)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:08:52 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm currently (still) busy with trying to find out how certain crypt32/wintrust
functions behave.

One of the functions CryptSIPLoad returns a set of function pointers that maybe
are called directly by an application/dll. These direct calls however don't show
up in a 'normal' trace.

Is there a way to see this direct pointer call with a trace or do I need to
start using the debugger?

The problem with tracing/debugging this is that there's a lot of calls from
wintrust to crypt32 and back again. This means it's hard to put in any traces as
a lot of stuff is still stubbed. It would be nice btw (and I don't know if
there's more demand for this) to have a function override instead of the whole
dll. I know that could be tricky but in some circumstances would help a lot in
tracing/debugging.

Cheers,

Paul.