request to change appdb message

Louis. Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 02:53:54 CDT 2007

Hi, since a few weeks the following message is displayed when you try to submit test results into appdb:

Please DO NOT include crash or Wine debug output.  Instead report the crash as a bug in the Wine bugzilla at  http://bugs.winehq.org. We ask that you use bugzilla because developers do not monitor the AppDB  for bugs.

I'm not that happy with this message for a few reasons:

1. Most testers will not attach this to  a bug, either because there isn't an  entry for the  app in bugzilla,  or they  don't bother to do so.

2.  There are crashes like these that users attach:
wine app.exe
err:module:import_dll Library MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\app.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\app.exe" failed, status c0000135

We don't want users to attach these things in bugzilla, we'd rather  point them what to do in the email-field. If users don't attach crashes anymore to the testresults , i cannot by no means see anymore if a testresult is valid or not.

I'd rather see something like:

Please DO include crash or Wine debug output here, and report the crash as a bug in the Wine bugzilla at  http://bugs.winehq.org.

Any comments?