New opengl thread context selection patches for testing

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Mar 4 16:39:32 CST 2007

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is a new patchset for testing which implements duplicating gl contexts
> for new threads in wined3d. Again, it does not implement any synchronisation
> measures(except ENTER_GL and glFinish), so running multithreaded games is
> still kinda a lottery.

Awesome job! Now several more games that didn't work start working:
- Indiana Jones and emperor tomb
- Prince of Persia Sands of the Time
- Psychonauts

All of them were crashing after playing intro video(s). The only finicky
game is Psychonauts. I had to force multi-threaded d3d and even then it
some times crashes. Apparently it's the case of thread safety that we
don't have yet.

In general it seems the good step forward allowing lots more games to
work on Wine.

Vitaliy.