Current wine and HL2 family - well done!

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Mar 5 10:10:44 CST 2007

> Hi
>
> >   We just tried it and we can't reproduce your problem. We were even going
> > in the water itself and the display was smooth and without any distortion.
> > We set the DX9 mode in the game command line (parameter -dxlevel 90).
>
> To say even more - with this new version all the random buffers that were
> displayed are finaly gone, so there's no more strange looking side effects on
> this map (especially at the bomb spot over at the ramp near the watter).
>
> I've also made a test using "UseGLSL=enabled", and the water looks perfect,
> tho the barrels seem overly shiny - same goes for the weapons the player is
> holding. I think there may be a texture stage missisng, tho everything else
> seems almost perfect (and with 16xAA looks amazingly well, with not much of a
> speed impact at 800x600).

Hi!
  I've made also the glsl test. The same problem is here - there is too much
shine all over the game. Not only barrels and weapons, but also faces, dresses,
walls.. It looks like covered by the oil film. There are also some strange
shadow effects - like that the top of the hand is dark and the bottom is bright,
like if the light would come from the ground. And all this is of course much
slower, doing about 8 - 10 fps on 1024x768.
  But yes, the water is really perfect.
  So we turned glsl off again, it seems that it really still needs some work.
                 With regards, Pavel Troller