Problems with Alice

gslink gslink at one.net
Mon Mar 5 12:03:13 CST 2007

After considerable digging the problems with sound in Alice were traced
to a bad software load.  While digging another thing came to our
attention that may be of interest to others.  When we put in the latest
fixes to FC6 Wine quit running.  This was traced to the fact that the
latest fixes contain a set of fixes for the X server and replace the
open GL library.  The drivers posted by Nvidia, which were installed,
have their own GL library and will not work with the RH GL library.  If
you install an update to FC and are using the Nvidia drivers reinstall
the drivers if things in the X server quit working.  This is true even
if the kernel version is not changed.