AppDB performance issue

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Mon Mar 5 16:08:23 CST 2007

Mandag 05 mars 2007 03:27, skrev Nick Law:
> Tony Lambregts wrote:
> > Nick Law wrote:
> >> I still find appdb really slow 60 seconds to view some pages, post on
> >> the forums etc.... It's driving me nuts to the point I've gone back to
> >> real life for a while as it's less frustrating. BTW this problems exists
> >> on systems separated by over 100 miles (but same login account) so it
> >> not hardware at my end.
> >>
> >> I'll check back now and again to see if it's fixed.
> >>
> >> Apart from that, keep up the good work devs, wine's functionality is
> >> improving all the time but appdb needs fixing.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Nick
> >
> > I only seem to have this problem when I am logged in. When I am not
> > logged in it seems that there is no lag at all. I tried to do some
> > administration and just logging in took 2 minutes. I was able to confirm
> > a bunch of bug links and things were fine for most of them but about
> > every 10th bug link I confirmed it would just seem to hang for a minute
> > or two. I then tried to confirm some application submissions and every
> > time it took at least 3 minutes to process.
> >
> > When I am logged in I frequently will get lags of a minute or two just
> > viewing apps. This does not happen all the time and I have not found any
> > reason why it should slow down at all. Visiting the same page at the same
> > time with a not logged in account shows no slow down.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Tony Lambregts
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> That's absolutely 100% exactly the same symptoms I get. It only appears
> to be a problem if I login. It appears to be getting worse as the weeks
> progress, I'm sure when this started happening it was only about a
> minute or less delay, now like you say it is 3 minutes. It's most
> annoying for me when I login to reply to posts on the forum. I get the
> feeling that not everybody suffers from this as much as we do, otherwise
> we'd see many more posts about the subject ?

I am also suffering from the problem.  If no one except for the administrators
are seeing this issue, then it has to be the administration bar that is
causing the problems, otherwise it could also be a problem with sessions.

So my questions is

Is anyone except for the administrators seeing this issue?

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes