Question about OpenGL/D3D

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Mar 9 14:54:46 CST 2007

Am Freitag 09 März 2007 19:47 schrieb Mike Schaadt:
> Has anyone tested using standard window objects in a window that also had
> an opengl/d3d context?
This is known not to work. It was a regression due to the window management
rewrite.

The problem is that since the window management rewrite all window elements
except the main window are not X11 windows. So the clipping done by X11 on
opengl contexts does not work for subwindows in wine.

The current plan for fixing this is, I believe, to create an overlay window
which is used for opengl drawing. The other idea was to set up the opengl
scissor test, but that turned out not to work correctly, and we need a
seperate window for antialiasing support too.