mswsock.dll, Soc & legal questions

Benoit Pradelle ze_real_neo at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 11 05:50:51 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm pretty interested in implementing mswsock.dll as a SoC this summer :
this dll seems to be used by many apps and it's, I think, the sort of
job I can do.

As I'm not a Wine dev, I was wondering about how should I work for
implementing this lib : should I juste use the MSDN description of the
functions and make some tests with some apps to validate the behavior ?
Or can I take the original dll, execute some apps with it and try to see
how the dll is interacting with other libs, what sort of network traffic
is generated, etc ? Is this solution possible with the microsoft license ?

Thanks,
Ben