DirectX 10 start as a SoC project?

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:00:30 CDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> Regaring Vista, the nice thing is that Students get Educational licenses
> cheap. But the license should be checked carefully. I for example may use it
> only for educational purposes. As I am working for CodeWeavers my hacking on
> wine isn't purely for educational purposes. No idea of SoC can be considered
> an educational thing.

When I checked my bookstore, Vista Home out of stock. Vista Business
was available, but that's not an education version. They have XP Pro
student, and it clearly states on the front to not be used for
commerical purposes. Despite the intended nature of the project I'd
rather just buy a regular copy to keep myself out of trouble.