Submitting winetricks to winehq tree?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Mar 14 14:19:01 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch 14 März 2007 20:01 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> I haven't been villified yet, so let me try harder.  Should winetricks
> be committed to the winehq tree?  It would be handy for people
> triaging Wine bugs to see if e.g. native dcom, odbc, or corefonts
> hide a bug.
I haven't deeply looked at it yet(only the application list), but I am not
sure what the answer is.

For one part it is dangerous that people start using it to install native dcom
and ignoring dcom bugs. Though considering the complexity of dcom, I don't
think that anyone who does not know why he/she should not use native dcom
would suddenly start fixing builtin dcom bugs. But it would reduce the number
of regression testers and regression reporters because it would be much
easier to switch to native dcom than to bisect and report a dcom regression.

I think the other things like the vbo runtime, odbc drivers, ..., are out of
scope for wine anyway, so no danger in that.

Appart of dcom I'd say yes. With dcom I can't really answer this :-/