Benchmark quandary

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 16 08:44:13 CDT 2007

Tom wrote:
>I have some benchmarks posted here:
>http://wiki.winehq.org/BenchMark-0.9.5
>as well as here: http://wiki.winehq.org/BenchMark-0.9.6
>
>And I have all the Graphics test in PCMark 04 running,
>but the app is crashing between test, but if I run them
>one at a time they will complete.

I'm interested in the crashes.  I don't see any
bugzilla entries for PCMark; can you file one?  Thanks!

>The quandary is would posting the test results
>from each test while not run as a whole but separately
>be of use? and would this be unfair when comparing
>the results against XP???

I think it would be of use, as long as you run the tests
the same way on XP (or show that running them all
at once gives the same results).  You just have to
add a disclaimer ("Tests run separately on Linux
to avoid bug <insert link to bugzilla bug here>").
- Dan