GSoC Idea

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 19 06:40:39 CDT 2007

"Cye Stoner" <stonerc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was considering submitting the development of a WinePluginApi (as
> described at http://wiki.winehq.org/WinePluginApi) to Google's Summer of
> Code this year. I was also hoping that anybody able to mentor me on this
> project would contact me regarding the proposal, so that I can have a bit of
> an idea what I'd be getting myself into. mike at plan99.net submitted the
> idea in april of 2005, but I don't know if he would still be the one most
> useful in the area.

You need to describe what exactly are the purposes of the work and how Wine
is planned to be changed. The above wiki page just talks how cool it would
be from a 3rd party (non-win32) application point of view, but tells nothing
in which way Wine will be improved, or whether it's really in the scope of
Wine and not other application project.

--
Dmitry.