On bugs and docs

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:04:58 CDT 2007

Hi all, just some quick questions.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the documentation for
wine is kind of scattered all over the place?  I mean personally I can
name about 8 different places (that are affiliated with winehq) that
people can go to get information, not including the mailing lists.
IMHO if it were even possible to consolidate all of the information,
it would still take months to do, especially with people not knowing
to post to the central location.

Also, is it against the rules in bugzilla to try to organize the bugs
some way?  IOW The very old games metabug that I created (bug 1434)..
I originally opened it not realizing that if every bug related to a
game was attached the page would become overloaded.  So I decided a
year or two ago to close it.  Then I recently realized how I could
reorganize it and decided to reopen it, only to have it closed again
by someone else who in not so many words told me that I was spamming
the bug list and that I was annoying everyone.

Basically my idea was to make several tasklists to link to 1434 (bugs
like dinput9, d3d8, etc), and then link individual games to each of
those, so that someone working on games, and in specific on dinput9
for example could easily find bugs related to dinput 9 without having
to do a query.  But now I am worried that I am overstepping my bounds
by trying to do so.  Does anyone _else_ object to this idea?

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email