Link creation not working _properly_ under 2.6 kernel?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:49:16 CDT 2007

> On 3/16/07, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> > Tom Spear wrote:
> > > I did some more checking into this just now.  I'm not sure why or how,
> > > but when I installed Worms 2, it installed the menu entries properly.
> > > So I uninstalled WinRAR and reinstalled it.  This time it created a
> > > menu entry for WinRAR under the wine folder in the menu, but it isnt a
> > > subfolder, like it should be and the other icons that should be in the
> > > menu aren't there.  It appears that the winrar installer may be doing
> > > something that other installers dont do....
> > After install is finished you did run 'wineboot' right? As most
> > installers create icons _first_ before anything else is installed.
> >

> > > Anyone know of any debug messages I should run to try to narrow down
> > > the problem?
> > menubuilder would be helpfull. With the bug # where you should send all
> > this information of course.
> >
> > Vitaliy

I just uninstalled 0.9.32 (using the make directory for 0.9.32) and
pulled and installed 0.9.33, removed ~/.wine, and drive_c as well as
my desktop icons, and menu icons.

On an unrelated note, oddly enough wine prompted me to install gecko,
but when I said yes it did not install it and instead tried to
initialize the one from my 0.9.32 install, which wasnt there...

So anyways I get it all installed, run wineprefixcreate and winecfg,
switch to my home directory, run wine with WINEDEBUG=+menubuilder
./wrar362.exe and install it.

The Desktop icon appears like usual, but still no menu icons.  So I
run WINEDEBUG=+menubuilder wineboot and still get no menu icons.  So,
thinking that maybe the K Menu just needed to refresh, I rebooted the
machine, and STILL get no icons..  So I looked into the
drive_c/Program\ Files/WinRAR directory, and again there is the folder
WinRAR (/mnt/d/Program\ Files/WinRAR/WinRAR) with all of the icons in
it.. So I am still having my icons created in the Program files
directory..

Im taking a look into menubuilder now to see if I can find anything
and will post back once the site is back up (which will be about the
time you read this).  By that time I will also have a bug # (since I
cant very well create a bug with bugzilla down too)..  The full
+menubuilder trace is attached with comments inside the file, and the
trace will also be attached to the bug for future reference..

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email