Resend: Add d3drmdef.h header file - try 3

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 20 07:39:36 CDT 2007

"Carl-Daniel Hailfinger" <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 20.03.2007 09:37, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
>> "Vijay Kiran Kamuju" <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I know its very tough to get patches done by newbies to get in, esp wine.
>>
>> It's absolutely not hard to get patches accepted, be it Wine or any other
>> project. But it's absolutely required to listen for the comments and fix
>> your work accordingly.
>
> Sorry, "listen for the comments" is not entirely correct. Often there are
> no comments at all and the patches simply don't get applied.

That's not the case here.

> If soemone is a newbie and really wants to get his/her patches accepted,
> mail patches repeatedly once every day until the patches get applied or
> someone comments.

It's hard to find a worse suggestion for a person sending patches. As there
was explained numerous times it's a very bad idea to flood wine-patches by
sending the same patch over and over, it makes a chance of accepting the patch
even less possible.

http://www.winehq.org/site/sending_patches

--
Dmitry.