Improving DirectDraw OpenGL renderer for SoC?

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Wed Mar 21 14:01:24 CDT 2007

Greetings,

i am thinking about participating in the Summer of Code, and thought it would
be interesting to improve DirectDraw such that Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
& Red Alert 2 run faster.  Currently, they crash once the mouse is moved
in-game when OpenGL rendering is enabled.  Thus the project would involve
fixing that bug, and then other performance issues/crashes that occur.
     However, I don't really have much experience with C and Wine.  The
closest I have gotten is some patches for Wine's WordPad implementation.
Would it be feasible to acquire the necessary knowledge and fix the bugs
before the end of summer?

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes