Road to 1.0

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:38:08 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Just thought I would through in my $.02

I see Wine 1.0 as a set of features that AJ has decided upon, once the
feature set is in the tree then a feature freeze will go onto effect..
Then one to six months of only bug fixes. Then wala 1.0 is born.

At the last Conf if memory serves me correctly there was mention of a
feature freeze happening sometime early this year. And I would only
guess to say the release notes after the freeze would read "X" amount
of bugs were fixed in this release, as no new features would be
implemented.

So the question is not when will 1.0 be released but when will the
freeze go into effect?