Road to 1.0

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Mar 23 01:35:40 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 16:25 +0100, Vit Hrachovy wrote:
> However, usage scenarios for automated SW installer applications offer far more.
>
> First, it somehow mirrors info from AppDB. It can display application usability for
> range of WINE versions and also make available application on older WINE
> versions.
>
> For example Ubuntu Dapper Drake (6.06) will distribute and support Wine
> 0.9.9 for four years from now.

I'm going to be providing packages for new Wine releases in Dapper (and
later Ubuntu long term support versions) for the next few years, so
there's no real need for targeted installations at this point.

Maybe, once Wine is a little more mature we can put a stabilized
"1.0-like" release into distributions and then target that.  At this
point, however, it's not a real important goal compared with just fixing
Wine, as most users keep current with Wine (such as from the Apt
repository).

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie