Game road to 1.0

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Mar 25 11:21:23 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 10:17 -0400, Tom Wickline wrote:
> On 3/25/07, H. Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 25/03/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > > So which of the following things do we want for 1.0?
> > While nice to have, I don't think d3d10 or some of the more advanced
> > SM 3.0 features should block 1.0. You already know my opinion on
> > broken drivers.
> >
> > Things that aren't there, but IMO should be:
> > - Make GLSL default
>
> Well from my test GLSL is just about on par with ARB's performance at this time.
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/BenchMark-0.9.33
> and
> http://wiki.winehq.org/BenchMark-0.9.6
>
> I still need to run PCMark04 and file a bug report and 0.9.33 will be complete.
>
> I am aware there are a couple remaining task that need completed
> before GLSL is set as default, just thought I would share the
> performance state at this time.
>
> Tom

Does anyone here know if the NVIDIA Windows drivers are still rigged
with regards to the various 3DMark suite of benchmarks?  There was a
scandal a while back, and the company claimed to pull their special
hacks out, but then they were caught again later doing the same thing.
It'd be a shame if we were testing rigged Windows drivers vs unrigged
Linux ones.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie