Game road to 1.0

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Mar 25 11:43:06 CDT 2007

> Does anyone here know if the NVIDIA Windows drivers are still rigged
> with regards to the various 3DMark suite of benchmarks?  There was a
> scandal a while back, and the company claimed to pull their special
> hacks out, but then they were caught again later doing the same thing.
> It'd be a shame if we were testing rigged Windows drivers vs unrigged
> Linux ones.
I think the windows driver has a huge game Database with per game
optimizations. I think I saw it in their control applet, you can even change
the settings. (I don't have a access to a Windows nvidia machine atm).

Last I knew the Linux driver allows similar tuning. And if someone wants to he
can write a specialized wine patch and put a per game hack collection
somewhere. I personally don't think theres anything wrong if nvidia provides
me with fine-tuned per game settings. Honestly I wouldn't put hundreds of
hacks into my own code, but if nvidia thinks they can manage that, ok with
me :-)