Road to 1.0

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 25 15:54:13 CDT 2007

On 3/25/07, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Clearly there will always be "office" apps that don't work, the
> question for the code freeze is whether we have all the pieces we
> need; I don't think there's a major feature at this point that would
> prevent typical office apps from working.

COM has enough problems still to prevent a lot of big apps
from installing, I think.   I'd like to see that more solid
before we declare 1.0.

How about msvcr80 / sxs support?  There seem to be a
number of office apps that need that feature now.
(Anything 2007-ish from Microsoft, probably.)
I haven't been following it to see what's up there, but
I do know I bump into apps that don't work yet because of it.

Does .net support count?   About ten apps in Bugzilla
don't install because of that, including some fairly
big-name ones.  Don't know if any of them are office apps
offhand, though.
- Dan