Localization resources

Ann & Jason Edmeades us at edmeades.me.uk
Tue Mar 27 15:41:07 CDT 2007

Hiya,

If adding files for translation to a new directory (xcopy), can anyone
confirm of deny whether the following is all I need to do:

1. Add rsrc.rc containing (* - see below)
	#include <windows.h>
	#include "resources.h"
	LANGUAGE LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_NEUTRAL
	#include "En.rc"

2. Add En.rc containing
	LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
	STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_DEFAULT
	{
	id1, "string"
	id2, "string2" etc
	}

3. Modify Makefile.in to contain
	RC_SRCS = rsrc.rc

(*) Do I need add other languages or do I let translators add their own? If
I look at programs\start vs programs\winecfg, one has 18 languages and one
has 14, so I am not quite sure what to do here

Thanks!
jason