Excluding a Windows version from the tests

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:37:26 CDT 2007

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> So if we only have crashes on win9x we don't care. If we can avoid
>> crashes/failures on win9x (by skip or other means) we don't run them
>> on win9x. And if they crash on something higher then win9x we disable
>> them totally.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>
> Sure; the thing we want to avoid is version checks in tests, because
> then things don't get tested on Wine when the version is changed. But
> as long as win98 is detected by its missing features then skipping
> things is fine.

Ok, I've got an example attached. I'm currently cleaning up the registry tests
before I can/will start doing stuff with RegDeleteTree.

It turns out we had a lof of failures with this test on win98. It looks like
win98 doesn't assign a new handle when the same registry key is opened. This
means that the close test close the main handle and we thus have an issue in the
first test after that (which assumes to have a valid handle).

The attached file uses the GetVersion to check for win9x, is that acceptable in
this case? Or is just an extra RegOpenKey (with comments) enough?

The todo_wine is only there btw. to don't have an error when run in win9x
emulated mode. That brings up another question. Should all test succeed in Wine
regardless of the emulated mode?

Cheers,

Paul.