[5/5] WineD3D: Software vertex blending

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:53:47 CDT 2007

H. Verbeet wrote:
>> +            for(i = 0; i < 16 /* Max vertex attribs */; i++) {
> I think you should be using MAX_ATTRIBS there.
>
> Changing the strided data like that in drawPrimitive looks rather
> hacky to me.

You cannot access the strided data by both named approach
(u.s.something) and indexed approach.
The two are completely independent strided formats - one is used for the
fixed pipeline, and the other is used for the shader pipeline.

I think both of you are wrong, and the correct number is 15 +
WINED3DDP_MAXTEXCOORD, which is the bigger of the two unioned together.
Only modifying the first 16 will break: normal2, tangent, binormal,
tessFactor, fog, depth, sample in the fixed pipeline case (true, I don't
see these being used anywhere right now ...).

Please leave writing of the strided data to the functions designed for
this purpose.

Ivan