Implement MsiBreak Feature - Bug 8243

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:07:22 CDT 2007

On 5/2/07, EA Durbin <ead1234 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> patch created by Anastasius Focht for Bug 8243.

+    /* check "MsiBreak" environment variable */
+    if( GetEnvironmentVariableW( envMsiBreakW, envMsiBreakValueW,
MAX_PATH))
+    {

I think we need more investigation into this before accepting this
patch.  One of the things that needs to be checked is whether the
windows installer checks the environment variable every single time a
custom action is called, or if the environment variable is stored at
the beginning of the installation and just the custom action name is
checked every time a custom action is called.  This can be tested on
windows by setting MsiBreak to a certain custom action, and then
change the environment variable to a different custom action while the
message box is still asking to break.  If the installer breaks on the
next custom action, we'll know that it checks the environment variable
each time.

--
James Hawkins