Fedora Packages

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Sat May 5 05:05:01 CDT 2007

Hi,

here is some news/status update on the fedora packages:

As people have been complaining about the link on the winehq webpage I have
taken the time to make a summary page[1] on the fedora wiki which is easier for
me to maintain and keep up-to-date and is probably more helpful. I would
request that the link in the download section is changed to that page.

I have good news for users of RHEL/Centos: After collaborating with some
other maintainers from the fedora project I finally got all dependencies for
wine into the EPEL[2] repository (which is something like Fedora Extras but for
RHEL/Centos). This means that there now is a wine version for users of
RHEL/Centos 5 (it may take a couple of hours or a day till it is published to
the repository and all mirrors have synced it).
It will probably take a couple of days but I finished testing these changes for
RHEL/Centos 4 as well so there should also be a version out soon.

Comments and suggestions are (like always) very much welcome.

Regards,

Andreas

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AndreasBierfert/Wine
[2] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL