Newbie question: WineLib DLLs

Christian Eggers ceggers at gmx.de
Sat May 5 13:34:16 CDT 2007

Hello,

I've created a (very) simple wine dll as described in "Building WineLib DLLs".

This dll is a wrapper for the "ct-api" interface used for chipcard readers [1].

With this dll it's possible to use HBCI chipcards (for german online banking, [2]) together
with Windows homebanking applications (for example "StarMoney", [3]).

Usage:
card reader - ct-api driver (hw specific) - symlink (libctapi.so) - wine dll - Windows
application

Problem:
The dll is linked against an external (non-wine) shared lib. How can my dll be integrated in
wine without forcing other users to get the external library in order to compile wine?

Regards
Christian

[1] https://www.secure.trusted-site.de/Download/CTAPI/CTAPI11EN.PDF
[2] http://www.hbci-zka.de/english/index.htm