"Installer already running"

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:15:32 CDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> Dear Vitaliy,
>   I'm very sorry for my total stupidity, ignorance and maybe even debility,
> but I can't find nothing common between Bug# 219 and my question.
>   The PhysX installer doesn't check for any *ICE components present in the
> system, doesn't output any strings to wine console, which are described in
> the bug desc, and the message "The installer is already running", which is
> typical for my problem, is not mentioned in the bug description at all.
>   So please be patient with me and explain me in the deeper detail, why are
> you thinking that I'm asking for #219.
>     With regards, Pavel Troller

I agree, this is not an issue with Copy Protection, this is an issue
where the installer thinks that the installer is already running.

A couple of questions

-Have you tried running the PhysX installer manually, after the game
is installed?
-Have you tried running wineboot to make sure any run entries are
cleared and then running the PhysX installer manually?
-Any idea what brand of installer it is (InstallShield, MSI, WISE, or
some other)?  If you aren't sure, I can always take a look at the
installer, if you will bzip and send to me (less than 10mb).

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email