winegcc: gcc failed

Zalmay A-khaliq zalmaygul at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 00:27:00 CDT 2007

Respected Developers of the wine
  My name is Zalmay And I am a BCS student.
  I have been assigned to port windows(VC++) application into linux.
  After a thorough searching and researching I found that "wine:" is the resource I can use to port a windows 32 bit application to Linux.
  I downloaded and installed wine as according to the winehq developers instruction and every thing went well.
  Then I started to test the winelib samples (notepad) to compile on Redhat Linux 9 according to winelib user guide but in the process I got the following error message
  wrc -I. -forsrc.res rsrc.rc
  winegcc -mwindows -mno-cygwin -o notepad2.exe.so dialog.o main.o rsrc.res -lodbc32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lwinspool -luuid
  dialog.o(.text+0x1a5): In function `DIALOG_StringMsgBox':
  : undefined reference to `wnsprintfW'
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  winegcc: gcc failed.
  make: *** [notepad2.exe.so] Error 2
  I will be greatefull to you sir  for your help in this.
  That how can I overcome these errors and run my application successfully.
  thanking you in anticipation

  Zalmay Gul