Drop-in replacement of windows dll's?

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:45:37 CDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just remembered reading somewhere (wiki, perhaps?) that the ultimate
> goal of wine (aside from documenting the windows api, etc) was to
> provide open-source drop-in replacements for windows' core dll's.  If
> that is the case, do we have a framework setup for building the wine
> dlls as windows .dll files, so that we could test the actual status of
> this?

Google around for posts by me and other about build wine with mingw.
I've been meaning to document it for years but never gotten around to
it. You either need to build on windows with a mingw or have two trees
on Linux, one with the host tools and the other configured for the
cross-compiler.

Thanks
Steven

--