tests: show summary and last executed test in case of a crash

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:06:40 CDT 2007

Peter Oberndorfer wrote:
> Some tests on http://test.winehq.org/data/ seem to crash silently.

Hi,

Remember that not all 'Crashes' on the mentioned site are real crashes. Most
Vista tests I'm running have 'Crash' mentioned on those pages. The reason is
that the generated results file is bigger than 1.5 MB and this means the file
will only be sent partly.

If you're talking about the 'failed' ones with no good data (as it looks from
you're patch), ignore the above.

I did some work on the parser (dissect Perl-script) a few months ago. You're
output will not be handled properly (from a first glance). A normal test looks like:

a:b start <filename> <cvs-version>
..
..
..
..
b: w tests executed (x marked as todo, y failure[s]), z skipped.
a:b done (0)

As you're new output doesn't result in the 'done' line the parser will not
correctly use that information. Maybe another line should be added at the end of
you're output:

a:b done (some number not being 0 or 258)

The 258 is used for tests that timeout (0 being for tests that have run without
crashes or timeouts). Obviously the parser (in this case it's actually the
gather Perl-script) has to be changed to accommodate this new number.

Cheers,

Paul.