tests: show summary and last executed test in case of a crash

Peter Oberndorfer kumbayo84 at arcor.de
Wed May 23 15:27:03 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 22:06, Paul Vriens wrote:
> Peter Oberndorfer wrote:
> > Some tests on http://test.winehq.org/data/ seem to crash silently.
> >
> Hi,
>
> Remember that not all 'Crashes' on the mentioned site are real crashes. Most
> Vista tests I'm running have 'Crash' mentioned on those pages. The reason is
> that the generated results file is bigger than 1.5 MB and this means the file
> will only be sent partly.
>
> If you're talking about the 'failed' ones with no good data (as it looks from
> you're patch), ignore the above.

Yes i'm talking about those.

> I did some work on the parser (dissect Perl-script) a few months ago. You're
> output will not be handled properly (from a first glance). A normal test looks like:
>
> a:b start <filename> <cvs-version>
> ..
> ..
> ..
> ..
> b: w tests executed (x marked as todo, y failure[s]), z skipped.
> a:b done (0)
>
> As you're new output doesn't result in the 'done' line the parser will not
> correctly use that information. Maybe another line should be added at the end of
> you're output:

From what i have seen the lines with
start <filename> <cvs-version>
a:b done (0)
are not output from the test itself, but wintetest which runs the tests.
so they should still show up.
But i havent verified this.

The only problem i see now is that we can't set the exit code and rune winedbg.
So how could we inform winetest that the test crashed so it can set a proper done
status, that can be examined by dissect.
Or dissect finds crashed tests by a certain string that is only output on a crash.
Maybe you have a better idea?

> a:b done (some number not being 0 or 258)
>
> The 258 is used for tests that timeout (0 being for tests that have run without
> crashes or timeouts). Obviously the parser (in this case it's actually the
> gather Perl-script) has to be changed to accommodate this new number.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
Greetings Peter