mshtml #2: Added warning if a wrong Wine Gecko package version was found.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu May 31 06:24:23 CDT 2007

Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> writes:

> Yes, that's my plan, but I'm not sure why it's important for this patch.
> Currently Wine downloads always the same Gecko version that was never
> updated, so this check should work with current Wine. It will change
> once we will switch to the new version. I have patches that will use
> query encoded in URL to specify the package version and it will use the
> same defined version string as version check in this patch, so switching
> to the new Gecko won't be much more than one line patch.. It requires
> changes both in Wine and redirecting php script. I have patches for both
> and this was the first patch in this direction. I only have to test the
> rest of patches and send them (hopefully I will find the time to do it
> tonight).

My concern is that this sort of thing needs to be planned correctly to
work in the long run, and it's not clear what the purpose of that
version check is. Is there a dependency that would make Wine require a
specific version?  What happens if you use a new Gecko with an old
Wine?  Can you make different versions coexist?

> We are very far from being able to support other archs, so I thought
> it's not worth to care about it ATM.

But then there's no sense in adding #ifdefs for it. Putting the
architecture in the request wouldn't be much harder, and would avoid
hardcoding in the client knowledge about what files are available on
the server.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org