Whitespace changes in an indentation patch, is it acceptable?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:10:24 CDT 2007

Hi all, just curious, in my work on uninstaller, I am writing my
patches to where when indentation is changed, due to adding a for
loop, it is done in a separate patch file.  I was wondering if it is
acceptable to make whitespace changes to other parts of the file in
that same patch..  For example, there is:

int somevariable;

do something;

(there are 2 spaces in the blank line).  Would it be acceptable to
remove those spaces in a patch that changes the following code (which
is introduced by the first patch in the series):

for blah
{
do something;
for something else
{
    do another thing;
}
}

to:

for blah
{
    do something;
    for something else
    {
        do another thing;
    }
}

or should I just leave those extra whitespaces in the blank line alone?

--
Thanks

Tom